From Infancy to Adulthood: How early relationships impact mental and emotional health
THIS TRAINING IS FUNDED THROUGH A GRANT AND IS FREE FOR CHILD WELFARE WORKERS. If you are not a child welfare worker and are interested in attending, please contact the organizer for further details. Description: In the field of child welfare, youth who are being served often have significant mental health and behavioral difficulties. These difficulties can be overwhelming to the youth and the families caring for them. At times these difficulties, may lead youth to have thoughts of suicide. Understanding these difficulties, potential causes, and support options can help families be successful. This training is meant to help workers understand how early attachment patterns can impact individuals through their lifetime, recognize the emotional and mental health needs of youth, and be able to identify suicide risk factors. Prevention strategies and treatment options will also be explored. The training will include hands on activities and exercises that help the worker to understand concepts being taught. Objectives: 1. Describe long term impacts of secure and insecure infant attachment cycles 2. Identify 3 emotional and mental health needs of youth 3. Verbalize 2 suicide prevention strategies
2620 Horizon Drive Southeast , Suite 200
Grand Rapids, MI
More Event Ideas
- More Health and Wellness Events
- 2018-2019 Talk & Tour Career Series - Careers in Rehabilitation & Therapy at Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation HospitalTuesday, Apr 23, 3:30 PM
- Tuesday, Apr 23, 8:00 AM
- 2018-2019 Talk & Tour Career Series - Careers in Health (2 years or less training!) at 100 Michigan St NETuesday, May 7, 6:00 PM
- More Events on May 17, 2019
- Friday, May 17, 7:00 PM
- 05.17.19 AIAGR Lunch & Learn: FSU Professor - Paul Long; Building Enclosure Commissioning at GRCC Applied Tech CenterFriday, May 17, 11:30 AM
- Friday, May 17, 8:00 PM
What can we do for you?
Thank you for your input. Please fill out the form below and provide as much information as possible about updates to this event or venue.