Understanding Masculinity: Supporting Men’s Mental and Emotional Health
Male socialization is the training we receive from society on how to become a man, and it affects every part of men’s lives from early childhood through adulthood. We are in difficult times for boys and men due to the many challenges and changes in gender roles and expectations. There are many divisive ideas about how we raise boys, the concept of toxic masculinity, and other challenging questions. Join psychotherapist and author Randy Flood from the Men’s Resource Center of West Michigan for a discussion about the emotional and mental health needs men face in the 21st century.
Phone: (616) 988-5400
Event url: www.grpl.org
111 Library St. Northeast
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
More Event Ideas
- More Health and Wellness Events
- Thursday, May 30, 7:45 PM
- Thursday, Aug 22, 10:00 AM
- Saturday, Nov 16, 10:00 AM
- More Events at Grand Rapids Public Library - Main Branch
- Intro to Coding Workshop at Grand Rapids Public Library at Grand Rapids Public Library - Main BranchThursday, Jul 25, 6:30 PM
- Be a Boss: Build an App and Make Bank (June 4 – August 1) at Grand Rapids Public Library - Main BranchTuesday, Jun 4, 3:00 PM
- Tuesday, Jun 11, 10:30 AM
What can we do for you?
Thank you for your input. Please fill out the form below and provide as much information as possible about updates to this event or venue.